On April 9, 2015, Dawn was interviewed by Changing Minds Online in a segment titled “Friending the Mirror; Making Peace with Your Reflection. Click HERE for this lively interactive interview about how the perception of yourself starts from inside you. The better you feel about yourself, the more you project that to the outside world, and the easier it is for others to see your beauty.
On September 12, 2014, Dawn was interviewed by Difference Press publisher Angela Lauria regarding the release of her Kindle eBook “Friending the Mirror; Changing How You See Your Reflection.” Click HERE to hear Dawn read excerpts and discuss the process of how and why this book, which focuses on finding beauty through happiness, came into being.
Dawn Shaw: Dynamic and Diverse
Since my full presentation (see below) may be a bit long for some people, I’ve had a shorter version (3:44) created to demonstrate my speaking skills and power of engagement)
I am very pleased to release of a video of my presentation
Facing Up to It: Living Beyond the Reflection
In this video, Dawn:
• Offers perspective on what it’s like to grow up with a facial difference.
• Emphasizes the importance of a good support system against bullying and other forms of abuse.
• Reveals her secret for meeting that special someone.
• Emphasizes the importance of recognizing your talents and assets.
• Increases your understanding on how to respectfully interact with people with physical differences.
• Enhances your understanding of how animals can teach us about communication.
• Demonstrates the benefits of failure.
• Emphasizes writing as a form of self-analysis, expression or catharsis.
• Increases your ability to thrive by encouraging you to live from the inside out.
On July 10, 2013, Dawn was featured on lifebyme.com, where people share what is meaningful. Click here for a direct link to read what Dawn had to say.
On July 11, 2013, Dawn was interviewed by publisher Angela Lauria of The Author Incubator for her on line radio program Book Journeys. Click here to hear Dawn discuss the creation of Facing Up to It including her advice for others wishing to tell their story.
The following audio clips were produced as examples of topics I can speak to, based on ideas presented in my book Facing Up to It. For more information about booking Dawn for speaking engagements, visit the “Dawn as Speaker” page.
Insights Into Bullying
Parenting Children With Physical Differences
Physical Differences In The Workplace
Societal Perceptions Of People With Physical Deformities
Teaching Appropriate Interaction
Therapeutic Power Of Animals